|Client||University of Warwick|
|Status||Planning permission granted|
|LPA||Coventry City Council and Warwick District Council|
Ambitious growth for the University of Warwick
- Over 14 years acting as lead advisor on planning matters.
- Securing outline planning permission for over 40% expansion of floorspace over a ten year period, including substantial development within the Warwickshire Green Belt.
- Co-ordinating planning submissions for new academic, sports and residential projects including highways, landscaping and other infrastructure works and related management of discharge of conditions.
- Providing strategic advice in relation to matters of local planning policy as well as relevant regional and national planning influences.
- Advising on the university’s long term aspirations to enable growth to 2031 and beyond.
- Our role has enabled the university to sustain its position as a top 10 UK university and to further its global reputation.
- Key capital projects during 2017/2018 include: National Automotive Innovation Centre – 34,000 sq m of research, development and teaching facilities on behalf of the university, Jaguar Land Rover, Tata Motors and Warwick Manufacturing Group; University Sports Hub – c15,000 sq m of sports and leisure space; Cryfield Residences – a 794 bed student ‘village’; Warwick Arts Centre – expansion of regional performing arts centre.
- We succeeded in removing the campus from the Green Belt in the recently adopted Warwick Local Plan 2017.
Image courtesy of Ellis Williams
Project sheetDownload PDF