|Client||Pinewood Studios Ltd|
|Status||Outline reserved matters approval for phases 1 & 2 issued|
|LPA||South Bucks District Council|
Developing an international icon of the British film industry
- Worked with the Studios to prepare an ambitious, high-quality expansion scheme of over 1m sq ft on a Green Belt site to secure its long-term future, alongside the jobs, skills, creativity and economic contribution that it brings.
- The development is estimated to protect and create around 3,100 jobs and add £400m to the economy while providing a permanent home for Star Wars and Bond productions.
- Led an appeal against refusal of planning permission including providing expert planning witness. Following a six week public inquiry the Secretary of State accepted the Pinewood case for expansion and allowed the development under a 10 year outline planning permission.
- Worked with the studios to implement the £200m development securing reserved matters approval for phases 1 (now built) and 2.
- 319,160 sq ft of stages.
- 350,840 sq ft of workshops.
- 370,883 sq ft of offices.
- 14.21 ha of backlots (outdoor film sets).
- Four streetscapes have been created.
- Pinewood Studios was named Development of the Year in the Thames Valley Property Awards 2016.
Image courtesy of Arup Associates
Project sheetDownload PDF