|Client||University of Reading|
|LPA||Reading Borough Council and Wokingham District Council|
Delivering an enhanced campus for the university
- University of Reading has a proven track record of creating excellent teaching and research facilities and has ambitious plans for capital investment.
- The university’s 2026: Transform project will see a further £200m invested in providing first class facilities for its students.
- Working with the university’s estates team, we have provided planning and heritage advice and secured planning permissions for a number of major projects which will deliver transformational change within the Whiteknights campus.
- The campus straddles two local authority areas and we have built strong relationships with both planning authorities, resulting in more effective dialogue and timely and consistent decisions.
- We secured planning permission for the £40m refurbishment of the university library, a building which is integral to students’ learning experience.
- We also secured permission for a new Health and Life Sciences Building which will consolidate facilities which are currently scattered across the campus into a purpose-built facility within the Life Sciences Zone. As a result, obsolete and inefficient buildings will be removed from the campus improving the overall quality of the university estate.
- An updated capital projects masterplan has been prepared to help the university communicate its ambition to the local planning authorities.
Image courtesy of Stride Treglown
Project sheetDownload PDF