|Client||The Tyttenhanger Estate|
|LPA||Hertsmere Borough Council|
Developing a highly sustainable new garden village in Hertsmere
- The Tyttenhanger Estate represents an opportunity to develop a highly sustainable new garden village community in a key strategic location within the borough of Hertsmere on the site of previously used Green Belt land.
- The new community proposals will comprise a sustainable mixed-use new settlement of up to 6,000 new homes (4,000 homes within the plan period) and a country park.
- Turley submitted proposals for the settlement including a comprehensive vision document.
- Turley has been actively engaged in this project for the Estate since 2017 providing planning, design, sustainability and economics advice throughout each stage of the emerging Hertsmere Local Plan.
- The strategic scale and location of the settlement allows for the development to bring significant new employment opportunities to the area.
- The strategic scale proposed will also fully provide for its own community needs and facilities, including primary and secondary schools, sports provision, meeting halls, doctors’ surgeries, clinics and new shops.
- Urban & Civic have completed a Development Management Agreement with the Tyttenhanger Estate covering over 2,000 acres of land to the immediate
north of junction 22 to the M25.
- Tyttenhanger remains the only substantial site currently identified by Hertsmere Council in their latest “Planning For Growth” consultation document (October 2018) suitable for a strategic new settlement in the district, capable of accommodating over 4,000 new dwellings and strategic new employment opportunities (4,000 new jobs).
Project sheetDownload PDF