|Client||Western Health & Social Care Trust|
|Turley office||City of Derry~North West|
|Status||Planning permission granted|
|LPA||Derry City & Strabane District Council|
Planning permission secured for a new radiotherapy hospital to serve the North West border region
- This cross-border health project is jointly funded with the Irish Government which is contributing £19m. People from Derry~Londonderry currently make a 200-mile round trip to the cancer centre in Belfast to receive treatment.
- The project involves demolition of modular offices, the mortuary, generator and CHP buildings presently on site, erection of a new radiotherapy hospital building and making external alterations to the existing Sperrin Suite (a chemotherapy unit).
- The priority of this project necessitated a comprehensive pre-application discussion with DoE Planning. We scoped and prepared a high quality planning application and thereby ensured a timely planning permission was secured.
- We applied for planning permission in December 2012 and approval was granted in March 2013, a 12 week application process.
- This £50 million cross-border treatment centre began receiving patients in November 2016.
Project sheetDownload PDF