|Client||Titanic Quarter Ltd & Belfast Harbour Commissioners|
|LPA||Belfast City Council|
Exciting redevelopment of historic Belfast waterfront site
- We negotiated the removal of land use and height restrictions, resulting in planning permission for a mixed use development of 25 ha. The site, formerly used for ship building, consists of docks, slipways, the former Harland and Wolff Headquarters and Drawing Offices (all listed buildings). The area was originally designated for low rise industrial use.
- We secured planning consents for the conversion of the former Harland and Wolff Headquarters and Drawing Offices to a Boutique Hotel and tourist and event facilities.
- Redevelopment of former shipyards is a complex process, our team of experts ensured early identification of issues at the scoping stage, prepared high quality planning applications and maintained positive working relationships to ensure timely decision making.
- Maintained positive working relationships with stakeholders.
- Assisted in delivering a portfolio of projects including; Gateway Offices (occupied by Citi), Belfast Metropolitan College, Titanic Belfast (World Class Visitor Centre), Arc Apartments and Abercorn Arc Public Realm and the refurbishment of the former Titanic & Olympic Slipways.
- Further projects are planned, including research and development facilities and additional film studios, resulting in a substantial increase in land value and a more competitive Belfast.
- Titanic Hotel opened in September 2017.
Image courtesy of Donal McCann Photography
Project sheetDownload PDF