|Client||Thorpe Marsh Power Ltd|
The second natural gas pipeline in the UK to secure permission under the 2008 Planning Act
- A 19.1 km buried pipeline subject to the Nationally Significant Infrastructure Planning (NSIP) regime and legislation set out in the Planning Act 2008.
- Requirements for pre-application consultation for NSIP schemes are more stringent with minimum requirements and timescales set out in law.
- Provided Strategic Communications services including an initial phase of informal consultation with four host authorities through which the pipe passed, followed by two formal stages of consultation.
- Over 20,000 publicity leaflets were issued for each phase of formal consultation, alongside newspaper advertising and formal notifications to statutory and non-statutory stakeholders.
- A series of public exhibitions were also held, as well as a clearly designed project website and media relations.
- The application was accepted by the Planning Inspectorate and examination was conducted in accordance with the set timetable.
- The engagement strategy was a success, with only the affected local authorities and two other parties attending the examination hearings.
- The Development Consent Order was approved in March 2016.
Project sheetDownload PDF