|Client||Silverburn Trustee Ltd / Hammerson Plc|
|Status||Planning permission granted. Ongoing.|
|LPA||Glasgow City Council|
Professional advice to Hammerson on their shopping centre asset in Pollok town centre
- Prepared major planning permission for the expansion and remodelling of the Silverburn shopping centre in Pollok town centre, to expand and diversify the range of uses and deliver town centre enhancements.
- Led on the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), alongside providing Heritage and Townscape, Economics and Sustainability services.
- Provided strategic advice on protecting the asset against threats from competing destinations, including resisting town centre designation at Braehead and expansion of that centre by drawing upon a comprehensive assessment undertaken by our Retail Assessment team.
- Ongoing asset management and strategic advice in relation to the enhancement of the asset .
- Obtained planning permission for a major expansion in 2015. Undertook a detailed impact analysis on Glasgow City Centre, and presented this in a bespoke graphics-led document which secured support of planning officers.
- Extended consent in November 2017 to provide increased flexibility to the client to deliver a scheme which responds to current market demands.
- Appeared at LDP hearings to resist the proposed town centre status of Braehead, resulting in Scottish Government Reporter recommending that it should not be a town centre.
- Working closely with legal advisors, successfully challenged both Renfrewshire Council’s adoption of the LDP relating to Braehead, and the granting of permission for expansion of the centre.
Project sheetDownload PDF