|Client||Department for Social Development|
|Status||Planning permission granted|
|LPA||North Down Borough Council|
Designing for a better future at Queen’s Parade and Marine Gardens, Bangor
- Finding a solution that would transform a derelict and vacant site into a new heart for Bangor town centre and in doing so regenerate the waterfront of the town.
- We led a design and development team to prepare proposals and secure full planning permission in accordance with tight deadlines.
- Providing a design which captures the character of Bangor - modest scale, fine grain, vertical rhythm and varied roofscape - and interprets it through an exciting, contemporary architectural style.
- We started with a blank page and, through engagement with the widest possible audience, formed a design that aims to seamlessly reconnect the town to the sea.
- Achievement of full planning permission within a very pressing timescale.
- The proposal which secured planning permission was supported by elected members, key stakeholders and the wider community in the area.
- Cultural, leisure and arts hub, theatre facilities, shops, restaurants, offices and hotels.
- Converting a derelict and predominantly vacant area into a new vibrant new space for the local community.
- Designs which act as a catalyst for future regeneration, helping to ensure a vibrant and diverse place with an enduring legacy.
Project sheetDownload PDF