|Client||Poultry Tenant Limited|
|Status||Planning permission granted|
|LPA||City of London|
A viable new use for an iconic listed bank in the City of London
- Working as part of a large multi-disciplinary team to realise proposals for the conversion and refurbishment of the former Midland Bank’s headquarters into luxury hotel facilities.
- Having previously worked on other Sir Edwin ‘Ned’ Lutyens’ buildings, we were appointed to provide advice based on a sound understanding of their iconic status and heritage significance.
- Applications for listed building consent and planning permission were supported by an extensive Heritage Statement which assessed the impact of each element of the proposals on heritage significance in the context of heritage policy and guidance.
- Securing a viable new future for one of the most iconic bank buildings in the City of London.
- Roof-top facilities including a pool and dining areas, allowing people to appreciate the city’s dramatic skyline.
- Working with EPR architects we delivered a solution which respects the heritage significance of the listed building and its role in the Bank Conservation Area.
- The adaptive re-use of impressive original spaces - including a richly decorated banking hall and former directors’ and managers’ offices and facilities - in what is widely considered Lutyens’ best commercial building.
Project sheetDownload PDF