|LPA||Westminster City Council|
Adaptive re-use of listed Embassy Building in London
- Supporting Qatari Diar in preparing and submitting applications to Westminster City Council for the redevelopment of 30 Grosvenor Square, previously the Embassy of the United States of America.
- Providing Heritage & Townscape and Landscape & Visual Impact Assessment (VIA) services and advice, working alongside David Chipperfield Architects.
- Liaising with Historic England and presenting proposals to the London Advisory Committee.
- Securing planning permission and listed building consent.
- The repurposing of a historically and architecturally significant building which, upon completion in 1960, was the first purpose-built chancery building in London and is remembered by many as the scene of major anti-Vietnam war protests in 1968.
- Enabling the redevelopment of this grade II listed building, the first project outside the United States by renowned Finnish-American architect Eero Saarinen, as a leisure and hospitality destination through adaptive re-use.
Project sheetDownload PDF