|Client||Liverpool Airport plc|
|Status||Master Plan adopted|
|LPA||Liverpool City Council|
Expanding an international airport
- We have advised Liverpool Airport plc on expansion of the airport since 2004, providing strategic and tactical advice to ensure a positive framework for bringing forward individual development proposals.
- Acted as lead consultant in the preparation of Liverpool John Lennon Airport Master Plan. Strategic and tactical advice on the positioning of the airport in local planning, economic and transport policy.
- Liaison with local and regional planning authorities and the delivery of a major public consultation involving all communities with an interest.
- We made representations to the development land to secure a positive policy context and ensured the progression of operational works through permitted development.
- Adoption and subsequent review of a long term airport Master Plan which provides for major expansion of passenger and cargo facilities, enhancing the airport’s role as a gateway to the region.
- Secured planning permission for a new multi-storey car park and 155 bed hotel situated in front of the terminal.
- Secured permitted development approval for erection of cargo building.
- The Master Plan, which will guide development at Liverpool John Lennon Airport over the next 20 years, was adopted following extensive dialogue with key stakeholders. It will inform the emerging Liverpool and Halton plans and facilitate ongoing expansion of the airport.
Project sheetDownload PDF