|Client||Liverpool Football Club|
|LPA||Liverpool City Council|
Planning for Anfield’s expansion
- Plans to increase the overall capacity of Anfield Stadium from about 45,000 people to 59,000 following the phased redevelopment of the Main Stand and the Anfield Road Stand.
- Initial expansion plans were opposed by the local community and we previously led successful applications for a new stadium in nearby Stanley Park. Following the football club changing hands in 2012, the current owners revisited the plans and we led a successful planning application for expanding the existing stadium.
- Prepared the Planning Statement, Heritage Appraisal and the Statement of Community Engagement. Co-ordinated the planning application and production of technical reports and led negotiations with the local planning authority and statutory consultees.
- Led subsequent successful planning application for a new free standing club store adjacent to the stadium.
- The scheme is an integral part of Liverpool City Council’s vision for the wider Anfield area to which significant public sector investment has been committed.
- Played a pivotal role in devising the planning strategy for the club’s proposals, working in close collaboration with Liverpool City Council, key stakeholders and the local community.
- Successful planning application for the stadium expansion with work having been completed in September 2016 on the first phase of doubling the size of the Main Stand, and creating enhanced public realm around the ground.
- Established strong working relationships with all interested parties, including community groups, meaning the once controversial proposals have attracted significant community support.
Project sheetDownload PDF