|Client||Durham Tees Valley|
|Status||Master Plan adopted and planning permission secured|
|LPA||Darlington Borough Council/Stockton Borough Council|
A long term Master Plan for Durham Tees Valley Airport
- We supported Durham Tees Valley Airport in maintaining a viable and vibrant airport.
- We prepared a Master Plan that provides a clear policy framework to facilitate the repositioning of the airport and establishes a viable business model and investment strategy for the long term.
- Input into the Master Plan included advice on planning strategy, acting as lead author for the Master Plan itself and preparation of an Economic Impact Assessment.
- Delivered a local engagement strategy which included carrying out a major public consultation exercise, designing all consultation material, established and managed a consultation website and attended consultation exhibitions.
- Acted as lead consultant in co-ordinating the design team and specialist consultants; made representations to the Development Plan to secure a positive policy context; and managed stakeholder and public consultation.
- A Master Plan which sets out proposals for the future development which include new hangarage, multi-modal logistics facilities and offices, and residential development on land not required for aviation purposes.
- Subsequently secured outline planning permission for residential development of surplus Airport land.
- Currently working on the delivery of large scale employment generating development on land south of the Airport.
Project sheetDownload PDF