|Client||South Bank Square Limited|
|Turley office||City of Derry~North West|
|Status||A live application for outline planning permission is ongoing|
|LPA||Derry City & Strabane District Council|
Leading planning proposals for a 700 home neighbourhood in the City of Derry
- Commissioned by South Bank Square Limited to prepare a masterplan and supporting Design and Access Statement for land at Ballyoan, Derry~Londonderry.
- The site is strategically located in the north east sector of Derry City on the Waterside. It comprises 37 ha of agricultural land, and is designated for housing development in the local development plan.
- The site offered several physical challenges, including rising topography across the site. The presence of utilities and natural water features within the site, and a lack of pedestrian connectivity with the existing built up area, presented further challenges to the development of the masterplan.
- The Turley team considered the key constraints and opportunities present on the site and, working with a multi-disciplinary consultant team, have developed a masterplan for the site to accommodate a quality residential neighbourhood, set within a landscaped setting.
- Through a process of engagement and analysis Turley was able to produce a concept masterplan that provides a technically deliverable design solution for the site and will deliver much needed quality housing in the City of Derry.
Image courtesy of Alan Patterson Design LLP
Project sheetDownload PDF