|Status||Planning permission granted|
|LPA||Salford City Council|
Major housing regeneration project for Salford
- Salford is experiencing significant growth. With the implementation of several key projects, from MediaCity to Port Salford and Greengate, the image of the city is changing. Charlestown Riverside has the opportunity to contribute to this story.
- The site was originally brought forward for development in 2010; the original scheme was approved but never delivered due to the economic downturn.
- In 2015 Turley Design was appointed by Keepmoat to provide design support for their bid to Salford City Council. The bid was successful and Turley Design was retained to submit the hybrid application.
- The designs for the site were shaped by local people, Salford City Council officers and a committed and passionate design team.
- The hybrid proposal for 430 new homes (with 267 submitted in detail) was unanimously approved in March 2016.
- The development is now under construction.
Image courtesy of MCK Associates
Project sheetDownload PDF