|Client||Aberdeen Standard and Hawkstone Developments|
|Status||Planning permission granted|
|LPA||Cherwell District Council|
Town centre expansion creates a new leisure district for Banbury
- In partnership with the LPA, we led a multi-disciplinary development team to secure planning permission for this major regeneration site immediately adjoining the town centre.
- The development comprises a foodstore, cinema, restaurants and hotel with associated parking and public realm enhancements to the site’s canal setting.
- Our planning strategy included input to the local plan process to influence the site’s allocation for development and to ensure a viable and deliverable scheme.
- Turley’s Heritage and Townscape team's advice facilitated this contemporary development, which is within a conservation area and adjacent to a number of listed buildings.
- Our Sustainability team also provided specialist advice during the delivery phase.
- Our strategy ensured we delivered a viable and deliverable planning permission for our client.
- The development will link the council’s leisure centre to the town centre, and create a new and vibrant leisure district for the town with enhanced public access to the canal.
Image courtesy of Panter Hudspith Architects.
Project sheetDownload PDF