|Client||Arden Cross Consortium|
|Turley office||Birmingham , Manchester|
|LPA||Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council|
A ‘once in a generation’ opportunity to plan a mixed use urban quarter in Solihull stimulated by HS2
- Our Planning, Design and Sustainability teams are working with the landowning consortium to secure the site’s release from the Green Belt through the Solihull Local Plan Review, and to also define placemaking potential in collaboration with the Urban Growth Company (UGC), Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council (SMBC) and HS2 Ltd.
- Our aim is to demonstrate how long term development will help to deliver a ‘step change’ in the social and economic growth of the Borough and the wider Midlands region by maximising the potential from significant Government investment in nationally significant rail infrastructure.
- We are shaping a bold and ambitious masterplan for a vibrant mixed-use urban quarter around the Birmingham Interchange station, which will respond to and integrate with the vision of neighbouring assets within the UK Central Hub area.
- Our breadth of experience in strategic promotion has contributed to securing a draft allocation in the Solihull Local Plan Review.
- The draft allocation supports an exemplary HS2 station connected to new public realm, that supports the creation of a sense of place and the potential for substantial residential, employment and leisure opportunities over the plan period.
- We will continue to ensure Arden Cross goes beyond being a link to the high speed rail network, but instead becomes a sustainable mixed-use urban quarter, where future generations will live, work and play.
Project sheetDownload PDF