|Client||Andras House Ltd|
|Turley office||City of Derry~North West|
|LPA||Causeway Coast & Glens Borough Council|
£6.6million hotel regeneration project in Portrush
- Revised proposals were submitted for a £6.6 million hotel regeneration project in Portrush, responding to the listed building, and retaining the architectural features whilst creating a viable 87 bedroom boutique hotel.
- The proposals will preserve and restore the grade B1 listed buildings fronting onto Main Street. A new extension will be built at the rear of the site, providing new air-conditioned bedrooms.
- We took a planning, heritage and economic approach to inform local councillors and planning committee members.
- We held a public consultation in May 2017, which helped de-risk and mitigate public objections, and undertook a campaign to engage local and region-wide business organisation support.
- Political engagement to secure support from the MP, MLAs and all six political parties on the planning committee.
- Planning permission secured against officer recommendation and HED objections.
- The new hotel will provide employment, both in the construction of the hotel, which will create 48 jobs, and an additional 41 new jobs when the hotel opens.
- The hotel will also help to regenerate the area and will contribute a further £1.4 million each year to the local economy.
- The new plans will deliver a hotel that is visually attractive, welcoming, and befitting of its local environment and the history and vibrancy of this fantastic seaside town.
Project sheetDownload PDF