|Client||West Hertfordshire Hospitals, NHS Trust|
|LPA||Watford Borough Council|
Developing a flexible masterplan on behalf of nine stakeholders
- A hybrid outline planning application was submitted on behalf of nine stakeholders including Watford Borough Council, West Hertfordshire NHS Trust, EEDA and Hertfordshire Prosperity.
- In order to secure client objectives we developed and advocated a compelling planning strategy for the site which has successfully guided the project from inception to construction and will continue to do so over the 15-20 year delivery programme.
- Engaging with the local planning authority, statutory bodies and local and national interest groups as part of an agreed consultation strategy that included design workshops and open exhibitions.
- The scheme to deliver a new hospital, homes, employment space, community facilities and open space was supported by an Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Advice was provided on the development of a flexible masterplan that included the preparation of development parameters and principles to allow detailed proposals to be developed on a zone-by-zone basis as they come forward. The detailed component of the permission allowed the early implementation of the road infrastructure required to facilitate the area wide regeneration.
- The work included the co-ordination of the professional project team which included architects, transport consultants, environmental consultants, a public affairs team, and engineers.
- Planning committee resolved to grant permission in May 2008.
Project sheetDownload PDF