|Client||Victoria Square Woking Limited|
|Status||Planning permission granted|
|LPA||Woking Borough Council|
Mixed-use regeneration of Woking Town Centre
- We secured planning permission for a retail-led, mixed-use development which will create 10, 000 sq m new retail floorspace, a four-star hotel and 392 residential apartments in buildings ranging from 23 to 34 storeys. The development will also create two new public squares in the town centre.
- Woking Town Centre has benefitted from significant investment in its town centre in recent years. An informal masterplan focuses on three key areas: Jubilee Square, Commercial Way and Victoria Square, seeking to improve the retail and commercial offer, transform the shopping environment and physically regenerate the town centre.
- Our approach has been one of detailed engagement with the local community and the planning authority throughout the planning process, this has delivered a high quality scheme within a defined timescale.
- Planning permission for enabling works, including a re-located fire station, was secured in April 2014 and the enabling works were completed in 2016.
- Planning permission was granted for the main development in March 2015 and work commenced on site in 2016.
- We are continuing our involvement with the scheme through the discharge of planning conditions and applications for scheme changes as design development continues.
Image courtesy of Blink Image Ltd. 2013
Project sheetDownload PDF