|LPA||Cheshire East Council|
Delivering PLP’s ‘Carbon Net Zero’ logistics facility
- Our Sustainability team developed a ‘net zero ready’ strategy under the UKGBC Net Zero Carbon Buildings Framework to which the team contributed.
- Net zero construction was achieved by assessing construction carbon, reducing carbon through materials selection, mitigating remaining emissions via high quality carbon offsets and publicly disclosing at practical completion.
- Operational performance was also optimised through building fabric, low carbon heating and solar PV to deliver ‘A’ rated EPCs. Furthermore, tenants can install additional solar PV and/or battery storage, ensuring some of the UK’s first ‘net zero ready’ buildings.
- Following the rapid letting of both units to Brightstar – a global provider of mobile and financial service solutions – PLP Development Manager Keith Wilson said “In keeping with PLP’s sustainability commitment, net zero ready is already proving to be a significant point of difference for occupiers.”
Contribution to meeting UNSDGs
- The exemplar energy and climate change performance of Phase 1, Crewe Commercial Park directly supports a number of UNSDGs.
- PLP’s commitment to deliver this development and all subsequent speculative logistics facilities as ‘net zero ready’ buildings clearly supports Goal 9 ‘Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure’.
Project sheetDownload PDF