|Status||Ongoing. Planning permission granted.|
|LPA||Cheshire West and Chester Council|
Protos - creating an energy and innovation hub
- Protos is a resource recovery park being developed in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire. The park, once fully developed, will extend to over 100 hectares and comprise a Biomass Renewable Energy Plant, a 49MW energy from waste plant, a broad range of industrial developments and multi-modal infrastructure. It will be the largest development of its kind in the UK.
- Our role has been to navigate successfully the planning regime for what has been a very contentious proposal. The project is highly technical and complex, addressing issues of air quality, landscape capacity, sustainability and economic impact.
- We have, and continue to provide expert advice on planning, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and economic matters.
- We have secured the necessary consents to enable development to proceed, including the overall outline planning permission, separate full planning permissions, and various amendments to existing consents.
- It is now recognised as one of the largest transformational projects in the north, being identified in the Northern Powerhouse Investment Opportunities Portfolio.
- We are now working with the client, Peel Environmental, to explore how the park can be extended and act as a catalyst for wider transformational activity in this area. The aspiration is to create a hub of energy, innovation and industry, with unrivalled links to research, facilities and infrastructure.
Project sheetDownload PDF