|Status||Planning permission granted|
|LPA||Manchester City Council|
Delivering the regeneration of the Oxford Road Corridor
- Prepared and submitted a planning application and full Environmental Statement for a 31 storey student accommodation scheme in Manchester City Centre.
- Challenging site due to its prominent City Centre location and close proximity to a number of key historic assets, as a result of this the scheme was sensitively designed.
- Planning permission secured.
- With 600 student bedrooms, the scheme will make a significant contribution to realising the city council’s ambitious plans for the Oxford Road Corridor as a higher education and knowledge hub.
- The first purpose built student accommodation development to achieve planning permission in Manchester for over seven years due to a longstanding policy of constraint.
- The scheme will also help to revitalise New Wakefield street as a key node within the corridor through opening up the existing ground floor to commercial uses.
Image courtesy of SimpsonHaugh
Project sheetDownload PDF