|Client||Bath & North East|
|Status||Planning permission granted for Bath Quays South and Bridge, and resolution to grant permission (August 2018) for Bath Quays North.|
Bath & North East|
Securing the Waterside Regeneration of Bath Quays
- Specialists from our Planning and Economics team are engaged in work on the redevelopment of Bath Quays.
- These schemes will deliver the regeneration of this part of the Waterside Enterprise Area, within the centre of the World Heritage City of Bath.
- Our role on Bath Quays South involved the submission of a comprehensive application that included an Environmental Statement.
- Planning permission and listed building consent have been achieved for Bath Quays South and Bridge.
- Work is currently underway to take forward a further development of 2.2 hectares of land to the north of the river (Bath Quays North).
- Bath Quays South comprises approximately 10,000 sq m of new employment space, up to 69 new homes, retail and leisure uses, and new public realm.
- The grade II listed Newark Works, a significant part of the industrial heritage of Bath, will be refurbished providing in excess of 4,500 sq m of creative workplace opportunities.
- New public spaces will help to provide important links between the city centre and communities to the south.
- Bath Quays Bridge will provide a new pedestrian and cycle bridge designed by Marc Mimram, crossing the River Avon and connecting Bath Quays South with the city centre.
- Bath Quays North comprises up to 38,000 sq m of office space, residential uses (at least 70 new homes) and other mixed-use development.
Image courtesy of Image courtesy of Penoyre & Prasad Architects and Nicholas Pearson Associates.
Project sheetDownload PDF