|Status||Planning permission granted|
Generating enough electricity for 37,000 homes
- Turley was appointed to project manage the preparation and submission of a planning application for a new biomass fuelled renewable energy plant adjacent to the Manchester Ship Canal in Trafford.
- We provided strategic planning advice and led the preparation of an Environmental Statement to support the application.
- We were a member of the team involved in the community consultation and engagement.
- The planning application was refused against the advice of council officers.
- One of the reasons for refusal was the community perception that the proposal would generate significant health impacts. A planning inquiry was subsequently held and we provided expert witness evidence in respect of planning matters including robustly responding to the public perception of health impacts.
- The scheme was granted planning permission through the appeal but was subsequently challenged by the council.
- Turley successfully supported the legal team which defended the granting of planning permission at the Court of Appeal.
Project sheetDownload PDF