|Client||The Bristol Alliance (Land Securities and Hammerson)|
|Status||Scheme complete and opened|
|LPA||Bristol City Council|
Ongoing planning support for major Bristol shopping centre
- Developed the overall planning strategy and provided masterplanning advice to the client.
- Contributing our expertise and local knowledge to this highly successful scheme.
- We continue to advise our client on ongoing development of the Shopping Quarter.
- The project represented a dramatic transformation in traffic, retail and pedestrian flows, requiring a close working relationship with CABE, English Heritage and a range of local stakeholders; particularly in relation to the highly sensitive Quakers Friars listed buildings.
- Achieved outline and reserved matters consent, and scheduled monuments consent.
- Cabot Circus is widely regarded as a landmark shopping centre, having won numerous awards.
- A popular shopping destination for the local community and visitors from a wider catchment area.
- Bristol is in the UK’s top ten city centres, due to initiatives such as this bold and adventurous scheme.
Project sheetDownload PDF