Assistant Surveyor/ Surveyor, Development Viability
We are looking for an ambitious and commercially astute development surveyor with a desire to work on prestigious projects across London and the South East. The role is based in London and within our Development Viability team; a well-established and growing national service.
Turley’s Development Viability service constitutes specialist surveyors with backgrounds in planning and development, valuation, market analysis and agency. We are looking for a motivated individual who can work well within a tight knit team and build relationships with our co-owners, external property professionals and clients.
Our instructions primarily relate to advising landowners and the development industry on formulation and implementation of development projects across the full breadth of industry sectors.
The scope of advice will generally run from pre-acquisition (e.g. due diligence), through feasibility and planning application, to post-planning stages. A core objective will be to deliver optimised returns to clients via your advice. Other core responsibilities include:
- property market research and provision of comparable transactional analysis for residential and commercial sectors;
- preparation of development appraisals using Argus Developer and MS Excel;
- preparing written reports and advising clients on a range of viability, CIL and affordable housing matters;
- calls/meetings/written correspondence with stakeholders in the planning process (e.g. clients; project teams; Local Authorities etc.) regarding development viability matters;
- reviewing published viability evidence (including CIL) and conducting technical analysis, extending to counter-appraisal and challenge;
- monitoring and maintaining a thorough understanding of best practice viability methodology, guidance, relevant Appeal decisions and High Court judgements; and
- attendance at industry events, and participating in wider business development activity.
Turley is employee-owned. This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant and progressive consultancy and help shape its future.
We offer an excellent remuneration and flexible benefits package including a travel allowance, pension, ownership dividend, and performance related bonus.
We will provide professional training and support to assist in career development and progression. You will report to an experienced Director who is also an RICS APC Assessor, and will provide expert guidance for candidates yet to pass through the RICS APC process.
If you are MRICS qualified, or nearing qualification, please follow the Apply Now link below or email email@example.com, providing your CV and a covering letter, with details of your current salary, in confidence.
No agency interest please.