|Status||Planning permission granted|
|LPA||Derry City and Strabane District Council|
Altering an approved windfarm
- Turley was appointed by SSE Renewables to provide planning advice for a number of applications to alter an approved windfarm for 15 turbines at Tievenameeta with a total installed capacity of 34.5 MW.
- The proposals involved amendments to layout, variations to noise conditions and upgrades to the turbine delivery route. Site delivery is complex with cumulative feed-ins from other existing/consented schemes and in the context of significant third party interest where resolution of noise issues was an involved process.
- We managed the strategic positioning of the project with DoE Planning and swift resolution of statutory consultee issues.
- Pre-commencement discharge of conditions to allow site construction in 2014.
- Our contributions were in demonstrating that an Environmental Impact Assessment was not required and guiding the proposals through a complex process of council deferral and Management Board review to a successful conclusion.
Project sheetDownload PDF