|Status||Planning permission granted|
|LPA||London Borough of Wandsworth|
Securing regeneration on Putney High Street
- Appointed by British Land to seek planning permission for a mixed use redevelopment at 56-70 Putney High Street.
- Delivering an optimal scheme which intensifies an under-utilised town centre site.
- Successfully secured the support of and recommendations for approval from both Wandsworth Officers and GLA Officers.
- Wandsworth Council’s Planning Committee, however, opted to resolve to refuse to grant planning permission, on the basis that the quality of design did not justify the size of the building. GLA Officers disagreed, as did the Mayor of London who called the scheme in and then resolved to grant planning permission at a public hearing.
- 97 homes (19 affordable).
- 4,000 sq m of retail floorspace.
- New public square in place of a private car park and wider public realm improvements.
- The Grid Architects scheme replaces a 1970s office and retail block.
Project sheetDownload PDF