|Client||Oxford City Council|
|LPA||Oxford City Council|
Planning strategy for sustainable growth
- We worked with the council as a strategic planning advisor to assess spatial development options for meeting the housing needs of the city.
- Undertook technical assessments at a city-scale to understand policy, environmental, historic and land use considerations in accommodating growth. We worked with the council to review their Green Belt Assessment.
- The identification, appraisal and recommendation for preferred housing growth locations.
- We subsequently represented the council at adjacent Local Plan EiPs.
- Our work helped to inform the spatial thinking of the Oxfordshire Growth Board and a memorandum of understanding on meeting unmet housing needs in the county.
- Preferred growth locations to the north and south of Oxford were taken forward by the Growth Board.
Project sheetDownload PDF