|Client||Leicester Tigers RUFC|
|Status||Planning permission granted|
|LPA||Leicester City Council|
Enabling phased redevelopment of the ground
- Leicester Tigers is one of the most successful RUFC clubs in the country, playing in front of maximum capacity grounds and with a waiting list for season tickets.
- Working closely with the club and the local planning authority, Turley devised a planning strategy that would enable a phased redevelopment of the ground, ensuring that the club continued to play at the ground and spread the cost of the works over a period of years.
- The first phase comprised the single-tier north stand with a capacity of 17,000, larger than the existing Kop stand at Anfield.
- We successfully negotiated with the LPA to screen out the need for an Environmental Statement and then co-ordinated the preparation of all of the relevant technical reports, including the preparation of a Statement of Community Consultation and Sustainability Statement.
- The LPA has an adopted policy requiring the provision of 11% renewable energy on site, increasing by 1%pa to 15%. We worked with the M&E consultant to negotiate a scheme ensuring the LPA’s standards will be met over the phased development period.
- Full planning permission was granted within 13 weeks.
Project sheetDownload PDF