|Client||Evander Properties Ltd and Rockspring|
|LPA||Reading Borough Council|
Delivering a high-quality industrial and logistics scheme on an important gateway site in Reading
- Providing advice to Evander Properties at the site acquisition stage, confirming good prospects of securing permission and giving them confidence to proceed after having bought it speculatively with funding partner Rockspring.
- Promoting the economic benefits of development and minimising environmental impacts.
- Balancing a number of factors: the site is a former landfill, adjacent to the River Kennet and adjoins a designated biodiversity site.
- Negotiating with the council at both the outline and reserved matters stages, allaying concerns regarding industrial development in this prominent, gateway location.
- Working with the architects to analyse the wider A33 corridor and demonstrate the merits of the scheme in its context.
- The potential to support between 250 and 400 new jobs. An Employment Skills and Training Plan is being adopted to maximise local employment and improve skills.
- The establishment of key design parameters which were acceptable to the client and gave the council the necessary comfort that the development would provide a quality frontage.
- Helping to realise the potential of this excellent location for industrial and logistics development on the A33 corridor, which benefits from strong links to the M4.
- Potential to unlock further land for development in the area through upgrades to mitigate against future flooding.
Project sheetDownload PDF