|Client||Great Ormond Street Hospital|
|LPA||London Borough of Camden|
Replacing outdated facilities at Great Ormond Street Hospital
- A team featuring Turley won a design competition in late 2017 for a new clinical building at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).
- The project is for Phase 4 of the central London children’s hospital with the new building set to become the “front door” to GOSH.
- The design brief for the competition was created in partnership with staff, patients and families articulating their shared aspiration for a building to express the GOSH guiding principle: ‘The child first and always.’
- Turley is currently providing a combined planning, heritage and townscape offer in support of the submission of a planning application which will be submitted to the London Borough of Camden following pre-application engagement.
- The design team is being led by BDP and includes contractor John Sisk. The winning submission beat rival bids from other world-class construction and architecture teams.
- The new building will replace outdated facilities with a high quality environment consistent with the hospital’s world-renowned paediatric care and research activities.
Project sheetDownload PDF