|Client||Roydhouse Developments and Marrico Asset Management|
|Status||Project completed and occupied|
|LPA||Leeds City Council|
Exemplar scheme in the heart of Leeds
- We provided planning advice and support throughout the project, supporting the consultant team including the architects (DLA), in delivering a planning permission which has now been completed and occupied.
- The site was a former Royal Mail building which closed in 1998. Phase 1 of its redevelopment was started in 2003, in the form of the refurbishment of the old tower into a residential scheme now known as West Point.
- The remainder of the site is subject to a number of planning permissions, the most recent of which was the former ‘Lumiere’ development which failed when the developers entered administration in 2009.
- Through extensive engagement and a collaborative approach with the council, we worked to a challenging programme and, capitalising on experience from previous involvement on the site, secured permission for this exemplary scheme.
- Secured planning permission in June 2014.
- Central Square offers a fantastic range of flexible space for large and small office requirements, restaurants, retail and a new sheltered public outdoor space.
- The Winter Garden offers something new to the city. It is in the heart of the office quarter and will focus on dining and entertainment.
- Central Square is now completed and occupied.
Project sheetDownload PDF