|Client||Trustees of the Barker Mill Estate|
|Status||Planning permission granted|
|LPA||Test Valley Borough Council and Southampton City Council|
Comprehensive development of a regionally important employment site in Southampton
- Provided integrated services, including Planning, Design, Economics, Heritage, Sustainability and Graphic Design, for one of the most exciting opportunities to deliver commercial development in South Hampshire.
- A flexible suite of planning permissions that allow the market to determine the scale and form of development that comes forward.
- Supporting a series of planning applications which cover different parts of the site.
- Project involved establishing local plan allocations; a planning strategy and framework comprising a compelling vision; series of development principles; development parameters providing details on the land uses, quantum and layout of the employment spaces; and a masterplan to show how certain aspects of Adanac Park and Bargain Farm could be arranged.
- Supporting the onward sale of plots to individual developers or occupiers.
- Flexible forms of planning permission will create around 3,000 plus jobs.
- National headquarters delivered for Ordnance Survey.
- Regional distribution centre now occupied by Lidl UK.
- Dwellings under construction by Bargate Homes.
- Pub restaurant opened by Greene King.
- Privately funded motorway junction improvement.
Project sheetDownload PDF