|Status||Planning permission granted|
Pushing the standard of private rented sector (PRS) living in Birmingham
- Co-ordinated, submitted and negotiated the full planning permission for a 42 storey residential-led mixed-use building including 481 build-to-rent apartments; dedicated communal space with residents lounge, health and wellness zones and dining club; flexible office workspace; and ground floor retail space.
- Produced a robust assessment of the impact of the development scheme on the significance of adjacent heritage assets including a number of Grade I and II Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas.
- Objectively assessed the financial viability of the development scheme to ensure viability and a competitive return to Moda Living in light of an unprecedented financial obligation towards improving key infrastructure across the city centre.
- The £183 m project will transform an underutilised brownfield site into one of Birmingham’s tallest buildings underpinning the creation of vibrant mixed-use area along the Broad Street corridor.
- A range of apartment sizes will be available, from studios to three-bed, with family friendly tenancies up to three or five years, helping to reduce the perception of renters being transient.
- A digitally enabled building allowing future residents to organise their daily lives through the bespoke MyModa app.
- A 200 metre outdoor running track, the UK’s first in a residential building.
Image courtesy of Moda
Project sheetDownload PDF