Planning for sustainable development is the ‘golden thread’ of Government policy. Sustainability pervades our planning perspective.
Sustainability is all about taking the long view to future and succeeding generations. Ensuring that we secure the future means delivering sustainable places and development now.
Our work ranges across the sustainability agenda from influencing policy to the strategic to project specific.
We provide sustainable inputs to policy, plan and place-making at all levels. We develop robust, commercially and technically feasible sustainability strategies. We advise on planning policy, Zero Carbon, Allowable Solutions, BREEAM and carbon footprinting. We ensure planning applications clearly demonstrate sustainability credentials to aid a positive decision.
Turley Sustainability also offers corporate sustainability strategy and frameworks, helping align business strategy with sustainability objectives and on the ground / development activities. As well as carrying out Corporate Responsibility Reports, the team also provides Social Sustainability Frameworks including Social Value and Social Return on Investment (SROI) Analysis and Community Benefits Statements or Total Contributions reports in support of Planning.
We work with a range of sustainability metrics and validation measures including carbon and energy budgets, sustainability statements and climate change assessments.
We are also influencing the development of sustainability policy through our work with the Institute of Environmental Management and Assesment (IEMA) and the production of revised guidance (see our Intelligence section) and through our work in raising the profile of embodied carbon within the planning process and building regulations.
We apply our sustainability expertise with a thorough understanding of the planning process.
- Strategic advice to demonstrate that a location is sustainable
- A critique of local authority Strategic Environmental Assessments and Sustainability Appraisals
- Assessment of sustainability policy in development plans
- Advice on applying the emerging Zero Carbon policy
- Provision of embodied carbon and carbon balance assessments
- Advice on Allowable Solutions and local authorities’ use of this mechanism
- BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes advice
- Sustainability strategies to support planning applications
- Expert sustainability advice to corporates or estates
- Complete Corporate Sustainability Services at design, construction and operation phases of development
- Social Value Analysis; Social Return on Investment Reports; Total Contributions Analysis.
- UKGBC Members
We are Expert Sustainability Advisors to the University of Manchester supporting the delivery of a £1bn estates strategy to 2020, working to embed sustainability at a strategic and project level and reduce absolute carbon emissions by 40% to create a world class sustainable campus.