Our specialists can provide expert witness support to clients who are involved in planning, property and related disputes and litigation.
The substantial experience of our senior professional team covers all types of proceedings and areas of property related disputes. Our Expert Witness service draws on senior professionals from our services, sectors and locations.
Areas of Expert Witness include:
- professional negligence claims
- real estate litigation
- commercial contract disputes
- judicial review
- rent reviews
- due diligence
- public inquiries
- planning or other regulatory enforcement proceedings
- compensation and restrictive covenant cases.
We prepare proofs of evidence and give evidence at Public Local Inquiries in relation to a wide range of formal procedures including:
- Planning appeals and Secretary of State call-in
- Listed building appeals and Secretary of State call-in
- Compulsory Purchase Orders
- Highway Stopping Up and Footpath Orders
- Harbour Revision Orders
- Transport & Works Act Orders
- Planning Act 2008 development consent orders
- Inquiries held under the Electricity Act.
We provided expert planning and heritage evidence at public inquiry into an appeal under Section 18 of the Land Compensation Act 1961. This resulted in the issue of a Certificate of Appropriate Alternative Development establishing height and quantum of development allowable on a site in central Liverpool. This has enabled a satisfactory settlement of compensation following compulsory purchase of the property.