Turley embraces the full breadth of the residential market, providing a five star service to valued clients from the private, public and social sectors in locations from city centres to rural villages.
We develop smart strategies for securing the outcomes our clients want, drawing on a wealth of expertise, experience, local knowledge, powerful advocacy and intelligent negotiation. We enjoy high levels of success in promoting sustainable residential developments of exemplary design quality which help to shape better places.
Our core services include:
- The promotion of residential proposals of all scales and types including greenfield locations, the re-use of previously developed sites, mixed use and town centre schemes, via planning applications and development plan promotion
- A bespoke Strategic Land Service to help clients identify, acquire, promote and secure planning for sustainable urban extensions and new settlements
- Working with investors, developers and specialist providers in the promotion of build-to-rent, retirement living, care home, student housing and affordable schemes
- Urban design services to assess site capacity, prepare layouts and masterplans, all necessary design work to support promotion or application strategies
- A Development Advisory service providing viability appraisals, S106 negotiations and advice on CIL
- A specialist team which can prepare reports on objectively assessed needs (OAN), demographic trends and socio economic impacts
- Engagement services that support the positive promotion of development and effective communication with stakeholders and local communities.
- Sustainability services tailored to the needs of the residential sector including appraisals and assessments, energy and carbon reduction strategies, and social return on investment reports
- Heritage advice to assess potential impacts on heritage assets and ensure commercially positive outcomes
- An Expert Witness Service for public inquiries, examinations, hearings, compulsory purchase, tribunals and Court proceedings, including OAN and five year housing land supply based appeals
Housing our Nation:
Through all our work in the residential sector, Turley takes a direct interest in the development of national planning policy. We are active in debates on meeting future housing needs, the quality of residential design, delivering new homes and shaping better places.
‘Housing our Nation’ is our campaign to advocate a comprehensive approach to addressing the challenges we face in 21st century Britain. We will engage directly with Government and like-minded stakeholders to promote and achieve changes that make a difference in delivering the housing our nation needs.
As part of this focus, we are launching a series of thought-provoking articles on differing aspects of the residential sector and asking searching questions about key areas of planning policy and attitudes that must shift if we are to create a long term and sustainable response to the housing crisis. Please keep an eye out for the ‘Housing our Nation’ articles; or click here to register your interest.
Our campaign begins with the introductory piece 'Can we spend our way out of the housing crisis?'.