Who we are
Turley is a planning consultancy of breadth and distinction.
We are an acknowledged leader in the field of planning for property and the built environment.
Since we opened our first office in Manchester in 1983 we have grown to become one of the UK’s most successful planning consultancies with 11 offices across the UK. We know our towns and cities and are well connected. Our full service offer is available throughout the UK.
Turley is an employee-owned company. We have a unique culture that acts to build loyalty, strong relationships, stability and excellence. This influences how we operate at every level of our business inside and out. We have an all-round view.
As a leading practice our views are sought out and respected. We track and influence change in policy, regulation and good practice to ensure best possible advice to clients.
We are also proud to have been given two awards that reflect our company culture:
- Employee Ownership Association’s (EOA’s) Employee Engagement Award
- Planning Magazine’s Best Workplace Award.
Our people are pro-actively outward facing and well connected. We look out beyond our own business and play a role in the wider communities of which we are a part.
In the business community we are active members of:
- British Property Federation
- House Builders Federation
- British Council of Shopping Centres
- British Council of Offices
- Women in Property
- Employee Ownership Association.
In the professional community we are engaged with:
- Royal Town Planning Institute
- Institute of Historic Building Conservation
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Institute of Economic Development
- Institute of Management
- Urban Design Group
- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment
- Design for Homes
- Academy of Urbanism.